Letters plus flowers? Yes.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
This is all over Pinterest and I finally broke down and made one. I approve. Simple, quick, and relatively inexpensive IF you do a little hunting for flowers outside of craft supply stores.
Cardboard Letter (an 8” letter from Hobby Lobby was $2.47)
Small piece of rectangular Foam (not floral foam)
Exacto Knife (to cut face off letter)
Knife (to cut foam)
Wire Cutters (to cut flower stems)
Hot Glue (because EVERY craft I do requires hot glue)
1. Take your letter and use an Exacto knife to remove the cardboard face of the letter.
2. Take out cardboard filling and measure (I eye-balled it) and cut foam with knife to fit into letter.
3. Hot glue foam into the letter to make secure.
4. Cut stems of a variety of flowers. Use different sizes and cut stems in various lengths to give it dimension.
TIP: Find a “base” flower that will be used more than the rest and will fill the letter nicely. Use other shapes to add character and pops of color. As you can see, my base flower was the white daisy looking flower.
TIP: Try looking at garage sales, and thrift shops for artificial flowers before buying at a craft shop. This will save you lots of money and make this craft inexpensive.
5. Hot glue any flowers that seem loose. Add some greenery to add more color.
6. And you’re done.
So fun! If you find enough flowers on a great sale, buy a few more letters and spell something out, like “Congratulations on Graduating!” 😉
Do you love to craft? I bet you have great ideas! Start a blog today! It’s so easy!
I use bluehost for hosting all my websites. Their customer service is 24/7 and there is no question too small or too big – they are an amazing company! They will help you set up your website and they are really inexpensive!
Check them out (I am an affiliate – you can learn more in my disclosure statement):
That’s less than $6 a month to have as many registered websites as you like! And access to incredible support.
Tell me about your crafty website in the comments! I love to see what people are creating!
You May Also Like: